April 6, 2019

Aargh! Project(s) update!

So....I spent several hour trying to get the Nightbird shawl to work. It requires a casting on off 293 stitches, and then knitting a row. Then start a 2 row chart that you can repeat as often as needed to make the shawl the right size. The furthest I got was the first row of the second repeat of the chart. After ripping it out 3 times, I realized that I was not capable to knitting the shawl with that particular yarn. I might try to use a different yarn later, but not for this project.

So the search was on for the next try. I looked to crochet, as it's easier to put down, wouldn't require as much concentration (assuming I picked the right pattern) and I found one that I am sure will work. It's called the Small Talk Shawl. I've managed to get to the 9th row without screwing it up, and I'm quite pleased at the results so far.

As for the second project....well....I was naughty today. Mom decided with the weather being so nice (above 15C!) it was time she left the house. She's pretty much housebound due to severe arthritis and lung issues, so when she gets to go shopping, it's an occasion. She, my dad, Daughter and I went to Michael's (which is a 40 minute drive from my place). I had consulted with Husband if there was anything he wanted (there wasn't) and if there was anything he didn't want me bringing home. He said "yarn".

I had recently (as of this week) purged about half my yarn, getting rid of anything that didn't inspire me to craft. So...with that in mind, we spent a very enjoyable afternoon browsing through the store, looking at craft and art supplies. I picked up some stitch markers (for Mom's shawl), some glue and Modge Podge (for my diamond paintings) and then took Daughter to the yarn department, as she has expressed an interest in knitting.

I showed her various yarns (mostly the soft ones) designed for beginning knitters and then we looked at other yarns that were currently available. Then I saw it. The one ball of yarn that sang to me. The one ball that cried out to be taken home and made into something wonderful. So....I bought it.

Here is the current pictures in progress:
Work So Far

Pray for me.

No comments: